Tooty Fruity cake- Brittania fruit cake style
Aren’t all kids fond of those small square sized fruit cakes of brittania and don’t we mothers love them too because they are so handy to be packed into kids’ snack boxes. Well , they can be easily made at home with a bit of effort. I got this amazing recipe for brittania style fruit cake from a fellow member of a facebook group . Mrs.Bhavna Bhakri had posted this with such drool worthy pictures. It had loads of tooty fruity in it and how can I not try! they came out super soft, super tasty, without the smell of eggs (which is so prominent in the store brought ones). I was always skeptical about the eggless recipes with condensed milk, and this recipe washed away all my fears.
Here’s a quick recipe for one of my quickest posts:
• All purpose flour– 1 ¼ cup
• Baking powder– 1 teaspoon
• Baking soda– ½ teaspoon
• Condensed milk– ¾ cup
• Butter– 4 tablespoon
• Milk – 1/3 cup
• Vinegar– 1 teaspoon
• Vanilla essence– 1 teaspoon
• Tooty fruity– ½ cup
yellow colour(optional)– few drops
(You can add 2 tablespoon of castor sugar if want the cakes to be more sweeter, I didn’t find the need for it.)
- Sieve in dry ingredients and keep aside.
- Add a teaspoon of flour to tooty fruity and keep aside.
- Whisk butter and condensed milk in a bowl.
- Mix in vanilla essence .
- Add milk and flour mixture alternatively little by little and fold it into the liquid mixture.
- Lastly mix vinegar.
- Fold tooty fruity into the batter and pour it into the greased moulds.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted at the centre of the cake comes out clean