THREE BEANS SALAD WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER DRESSING
How to make three bean salad, three bean salad recipe, three bean salad with roasted red pepper dressing, easy and healthy salad recipes, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 14
Salads can be fulfilling meal by themselves. A three bean salad can take care of your protein and fibre requirements of the day. This recipe, has three beans dressed up in a very flavourful roasted red pepper and garlic dressing. If you loved the dip Mhammara which I posted earlier on my blog , a roasted red pepper and walnut dip, then I am sure you will fall in love with the flavour of roasted red peppers. The regular three beans salad has been pepped up with some roasted red pepper, garnished with some pickled onions and beets for an added crunch.
Recipe for three bean salad with roasted red pepper dressing:
- Kidney beans ( rajma), soaked and pressure cooked for 2 to 3 whistles- 1/2 cup
- Chickpeas ( kabuli chana), soaked overnight and pressure cooked for 1 -2 whistles- 1/2 cup
- Soyabeans – 1/4 cup
- Chopped onions- 1/4 cup
- Chopped cucumber- 1/4 cup
- Coriander- finely chopped or garnishing
- Red pepper (roasted ), read note- 1 big size
- Green chilly – 1 to 2
- Salt- to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice- from 1 big lemon
- garlic cloves- 3 to 4
(Note: Make superficial slits and apply oil over the red pepper, and roast it over gas flame,till it burns from all sides. Once cooled down, remove the burnt peel, wash , chop and use in the recipe)
Blend all the ingredients in a small blender jar, use this as dressing.
- Add all the beans, cucumber, onion in a big bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients well, add to the beans.
- Toss well , garnish with chopped coriander.
- I garnished with pickled onions and pickled beetroots. The rose is made from fine strips of pickled beetroot 🙂