Tender Coconut and Litchi Pannacotta
No egg-No gelatin Tender coconut and litchi pannacotta, how to make tender cocnut pannacotta, easy pannacotta recipe, chilled desserts, healthy summer desserts, no bake – no steam healthy tender coconut and litchi pannacotta.
Happy Mother’s Day! This post comes a bit later, as we all believe everyday is a mother’s day 🙂 . Just like my birthday is ‘make your own cake day’, Mother’s day too is ‘make your own treat day’ at my place 🙂
Summer vacations means either kids are hungry or bored. Constantly catering to both these needs gets onto the nerves! Come may, the markets are flooded with litchis. After a mango flan, this time decided to experiment with another seasonal seasonal fruit in an eggless dessert. A pannacotta, with the creamy tender coconut and sweet-fleshy litchis, in home collected fresh cream. The mango vanilla pannacotta I made last year is one quick dessert I serve with fruit custard in summers. But this coconut-litchi pannacotta is as creamy and silky as you can get. Eggless, no bake, healthy and quick, this is one dessert if you want to try out this summer.
- Tender coconut (flesh of tender coconut, preferably not too thin/too thick)- from four coconuts
- Fresh cream ( I used cream collected from boiling milk at home)- 1 cup (You can also use amul fresh cream small tetrapack)
- Litchis ( wash,peel, deseed and chop roughly) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tablespoons ( more or less depending on sweetness of fruits and personal preference)
- Rose extract- 1 teaspoon ( or use rose water, 1 tablespoon)
- Sweet basil seeds ( sabja)- 1 tablespoon soaked in 1/2 cup water
- Agar Agar- 2 1/2 teaspoons
- Grind flesh of tender coconuts and 1/2 cup chopped litchis in a blender to a smooth paste, you can add little cream/milk/water while blending. Take it out in bowl and keep aside.
- Boil half cup water and agar agar, keep stirring on low flame.
- In another thick bottomed vessel add heavy cream, keep stirring , once it boils switch off the flame.
- Add the coconut -litchi paste to the boiled cream, stir and mix well.
- Add sugar, rose extract and sweet basil seeds, mix well.
- Now, add the agar agar liquid to the coconut mix and with a whisk/spoon give a nice mix.
- Using a ladle transfer it to silicone moulds. You can also use glasses to set the pannacotta, in that case you may not be able to demould it.
- Chill for few hours, serve garnished with fresh fruits . I drizzled some honey too.