SWEET POTATO SALAD
Sweet potato salad, sweet potato and apple salad, sweet potato and apple salad with curd dressing, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 18.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of starch, Vitamin A, potassium and fibre. A very good substitute in few dishes which uses potatoes, its gives an added sweet taste and can cut down the amount of sugar that goes into the dish. This sweet potato salad recipe is from tarla dalal’s site. Mustard and curd dressing perfectly compliments the sweetness of sweet potatoes, and apples add an extra crunch. You can add any other crunchy vegetable like coloured peppers or top it up with some nuts.
A simple recipe for sweet potato and apple salad:
Ingredients for Sweet potato salad :
- Sweet potatoes ( boiled and cut into cubes )- 1cup
- Apples (diced)- 1/4 cup
For dressing :
- Thick curds/Hung curd – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper-1 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Coriander- for garnishing
- Red chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
Note: you can use mayonnaise in place of hung curd, in that case omit mustard powder,as it already contains mustard paste.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and apples in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, make a good mix out of curd, mustard powder, black pepper, chily flakes, salt.
- Add it to the sweet potato bowl, toss well.
- Sprinkle some more chilli flakes, garnish with chopped coriander, serve cold.