SPROUTS AND MIXED VEGETABLE SALAD
Sprouts salad, Sprouted green gram and peanuts salads, sprouted green gram and mixed vegetable salad, easy salad recipes, healthy salad recipes, 30 days 30 salad recipes, day 16
One of the easiest and healthiest of all the salads- sprouted green gram salad. Sprouted green gram rich in protein, easy to digest and when combined with some colourful vegetables and Indian spices makes for a very fulfilling healthy evening snack. On day 16 of our 30 salad series this colourful, flavourful , healthy salad makes entry in my equally colourful ramekins 😉 !
You need to slightly plan ahead for this salad, as soaking and sprouting can take around 2 to 3 days depending on the temperature of your place. The recipe is very flexible, add or replace any vegetables of choice. You can also do multiple sprouted salad.
Recipe for sprouted green gram (moong ) salad:
For sprouting of green gram:
soak one cup of green gram (moong ) overnight in sufficient water. In the morning drain excess water. take a cotton cloth/cheese cloth and tie the soaked moong. Place it in a warm place. check after 1 day and 2 days for sprouting of the moong. I got sufficient length (around 1 to 1.5 inches) after two days. But depending on the weather of your place, it may take more or less time.
Other ingredients for Sprouts salad:
- Peanuts, pressure cooked for 1 whistle/ boil in water for 10 minutes- 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped yellow/red pepper- 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped onions- 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped tomatoes- 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped coriander- for garnishing
Other flavourings and seasonings:
- Chaat masala- 2 teaspoons
- Salt- to taste
- Roasted cumin powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilly flakes/green chillies chopped/red chilli powder- according to taste preference
- Lemon juice- from 1 big lemon
- In a microwave on high power, cook the sprouted moong for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing once in between. This removes any unwanted odour and bacterial growth from the sprouts. You can also saute the sprouts in 1 teaspoon oil in a non stick pan.
- Allow the sprouts to cool down, transfer it to a big bowl.
- Add boiled peanuts.
- Add all the chopped vegetables except coriander.
- Mix in lemon juice, salt and all other spices. Toss the sprouts well.
- Garnished with coriander, serve with tea.