ROASTED TOMATO RAITA
Roasted tomato raita, tomato raita with mustard flavour, 30 days 30 salads recipes, easy and healthy salad recipes, Healthy Indian salads, day 22
Roasted tomato raita, is a delicious, flavourful accompaniment to all your rice preperations. The usual chopped onion and tomato raita, gets a very different twist. This personally has become my go-to raita from now on. The flavour of roasted tomatoes goes so well with curd and is very well complimented with crunch of peanuts. Really, if you have to pick one raita to be served for your pulaos, biryanis and fried rice then I highly recommend this roated tomato raita. The garlic flavour added to curds will remind you of the famous burhani raita, and you will have your guests asking for more! So on day 22 of 3o days 30 salads series, we have a very flavourful and easy roasted tomato raita.
Recipe for Tomato Raita:
- Tomatoes (medium sized)- 3
- Garlic- 3 to 4 big cloves
- onions (finely chopped)-1/4 cup
- Green pepper (finely chopped, you can use red colour too)- 1/4 cup
- Curd (I used homemade)- 1/2 cup
- Red chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Corsely ground roasted peanuts- 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds powder (optional to add flavour)- 1/2 teaspoon
- Make superficial slits and apply oil over the tomatoes, and roast it over gas flame,till it burns from all sides. Once cooled down, remove the burnt peel, wash , chop and blend along with garlic cloves.
- Whisk curd in a bowl, add salt, chopped onions, green pepper, red chilli flakes.
- Add roasted tomato and garlic paste to the curd bowl.
- Add groundnut powder and garnish with chopped coriander.
- For additional falvour, you can add mustard seeds powder.
- Serve along with biryani, fried rice, tomato rice or just as a side dish with kulchas and naans.