Raw Papaya Clear soup
Raw papaya clear soup, green papaya soup, winyter soup recipe, easy soup recipe, healthy soup recipe
Winters are fast knocking, and what better way to warm up with a big bowl of some piping hot soup. A very healthy and easy recipe of raw papaya/ green papaya soup. I love my soups to be clear, without any added thickener, with chunks of sauted onions and mildly burnt garlic, yah ! thats totally my kind!!
- Raw papaya /green papaya ( cleaned,peeled, diced)- 2 cups
- Water- 3 cups ( more less depending on final consistency of soup)
- White Vinegar/ Apple cider Vinegar ? lime juice- 2 to 3 tablespoons ( adjust according to sourness required)
- Salt- according to taste
- sugar (optiona)- 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander- half of a small bunch
- Butter – 1 heaped tablespoon
- Onion ( finely chopped)- 1 small sized
- garlic(finely chopped)- few pods
- Boil the diced papayas in sufficient water, after around 8-10 minutes of boiling, once they turn fork tender, switch off the flame, remove the papaya cubes, preserve the water.
- Once the papaya cubes are cooled, add them to a blender jar, add coriander leaves ( this gives green colour to the paste) and grind them to a fine paste.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter, sauté finely chopped onion till they just turn translucent.
- Add finely chopped garlic, sauté for few minutes.
- Add the papaya stock ( water in which papaya was boiled).
- Add all the seasoning, i.e salt, black pepper and sugar.
- Strain the puree and add it to the boiling water.
- Mix well, allow the soup to boil for few minutes, add lemon juice/ vinegar, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Best served with raw papaya salad!
This soup is my entry to the #wintersoups theme of our facebook group Healthy Wellthy Cuisines. Please check the other amazing soup enteries to the event- Lemon Coriander soup, Chicken Chilli bean soup, Cauliflower soup , Vietnamese noodle soup , three ingredient tomato soup ,