Raddish salad, raddish salad with flavoured olive oil dressing, how to make garlic and chilly flavoured olive oil, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 6
Thick juicy raddishes are my most awaited among winter vegetables. Though still not as fleshy and flavourful as the winter ones, they are already making an appearance in the markets. This crunchy raddish salad, with flavoured olive oil dressing is one light and refreshing meal. Surely this versatile oil will find many ways to lighten up bland meals. Learn how to make this raddish salad and chilli garlic flavoured olive oil in this easy recipe.
For Raddish Salad:
Finely grated raddish- 1 to 1.5 cups ( grate the raddish, and immediately put it in ice cold water. Remove and squeeze out excess water. This is called ‘cold blanching’, this also reduces the pungent taste of raddish)
How to make chilly garlic flavoured olive oil:
- Olive oil/ vegetable oil- ½ cup
- Garlic- 2 to 3 cloves crushed
- Chilli flakes- 2 tablespoons ( more the chilli deeper will be the colour)
- In a deep pan, pour oil add chilli flakes and crushed garlic.
- simmer at low heat for few minutes before the garlic starts browning too much.
- Once done, remove from heat, bring into to room teperature, discard garlic cloves.
You can either strain to remove the chilli flakes, keep half of the flakes and remove half or store the oil with all the chilli in it. Use as a drizzle on salads,dips, parathas, pizzas or breads! I have used it on my pita breads.
- Chilly garlic flavoured olive oil- 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried oregano- 1/4 teaspoon
- Take cold blanched raddish in a bowl.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, pepper, oregano, salt, sugar . Mix well.
- Add the dressing to the raddish bowl and toss well. Drizzle some more chilli flavoured oil.
- Serve chilled garnished with some chopped coriander.