PINEAPPLE SALSA, CARROT SALAD
Pineapple salsa recipe, pieapple salad, easy and healthy appetisers, Carrot salad in cucumber cups, easy party appetisers,Indian salad recipes, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 30
Finally day 30 of my salad series!! I can’t tell you all what an incredible journey it was for me! My blog gained 30 posts in a month ( maximum by faaaaar), but most importantly, it was an enriching experience for me. What started with a simple pumpkin raita, the journey gained momentum with some spicy tangy salsas, few fruit salads, few cabbage recipes, and lots and lots of colourful concoctions in between. Ideas started pouring in from friends,sisters, cousins, colleagues, relatives and lots and lots of google search . Each giving out their inputs, which truly is the reason behind a wide variety of salads in the series.
Most of the salads were made with easily available ingredients, avoiding use of any exotic vegetable/ technique. Though I loooved all the recipes, my most favourite remains raw papaya salad, cabbage raita, tomato and plum salsa, mango salsa, and sprouts salad. A variety of fruit salads formed a part of this series, with custard sauce made with oats ( oats mango fruit custard, gulkand oats fruit custard), custard apple ( custard apple fruit custard), hung curd ( fruit shrikhand) and broken glass fruit pudding. The very idea of this series was also to learn some easy international dishes, and I was able to include few like Russian salad, Mexican sweetcorn salad, Three bean salad, Coleslaw, Greek salad and Rojak. Some traditional and oft made salads at home like kosambri, cabbage raita, pumpkin raita, tomato raita, cucumber-carrot-beetroot raita also formed a part of the series.
I have included two very quick and simple salads in today’s post- Pineapple salsa and Grated carrot salad in cucumber cups.
Recipe for Pineapple salsa:
- Pineapple (finely chopped)- 1/2 cup
- Red bell pepper- 1/2 no. , chopped evenly
- Green bell pepper- 1/2 no.chopped evenly
- Onion- 1 small, chopped finely
- coriander- 1 small bunch, chopped finely
- Garlic- 2 teaspoons, finely chopped
- Lemon Juice- from 1 big lemon
- Salt- to taste
- Chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
- Add all the chopped vegetables and pineapple pieces in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Prepare dressing in a seperate bowl by mixing salt, chilli flakes, garlic into the leom juice.
- Pour the juice over the vegtables, toss and mix well.
- Serve as a salad, appetizer or as dip .
Recipe for Grated carrot salad:
- Carrots ( washed, peeled and finely grated)- 1 cup
- Cucumbers ( Chop into 3 inch pieces, scoop out the seeds from centre)- 10 to 12 pieces
- Lemon juice- from 1 big lemon
- Salt- to taste
- Green chillies (finely chopped)- 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped coriander- for garnishing
- Roasted groundnuts (coarsely ground)- 2 tablespoons
Whisk all the ingredients of dressing, pour over grated carrot. Toss well. To serve, stuff the salad into the hollow cavity of cucumbers, garnish with peanuts and coriander.
Both salads make for a great party appetisers and are kids friendly too. Hope you enjoyed the recipes as much as I enjoyed making them!