MINT MELON SALAD
Melon mint salad, fresh watermelon and mint salad, easy and healthy summer salad recipes, Indian salad recipes, 30 days 30 salad recipes, day 24
Mint melon salad. I mean what’s not to love about this salad ! Light , summery, bright, colourful and yes so juicy. Its simple, yet pretty, elegant and full of flavours. The watermelons and musk melons have started making sporadic appearence in the market, and though they may not have the same flavour as in during their peak season, they still tasted sweet and delicious. This is basically a light summer salad, the mint adds to the freshness and the blackpepper and honey dressing is a treat to the tastebuds. The salad itself is pretty simple and I paired it up with some mint chutney flavoured swirled whole wheat bread. Doesnt it make a pretty picture ? 🙂 The recipe for bread will come up soon, but only after this 30 days 30 salad series. So on day 24 is a very refreshing mint melon salad.
Recipe for Melon-Mint salad:
- Watermelon (scooped into small balls with a melon scooper, or cut into small cubes) – From 1/2 watermelon
- Muskmelon (scooped with a melon scooper)- 1/2 watermelon
- Cucumber (adds to the crunch and freshness, optional)- 1 no. (cut into cubes/scooped)
- Mint leaves- fistful+ extra for dressing
- Honey- 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
- Black salt- 1 teaspoon ( adjust according to taste)
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Mint leaves- 15 to 20
- Add all the scooped melons in a big bowl, mix in mint leaves.
- To prepare the dressing,crush mint leaves with a pestle, add it to a small bow.
- Add in lemon juice, honey, black pepper, black salt whisk well.
- Add the dressing to the bowl containing cut fruits, toss well.
- Garnish with some pomogranate seeds and mint leaves.
- Serve cold.
Note: Refrigerate the cut fruits for 1 to 2 hours, add dressing just before serving.