MEXICAN SWEET CORN SALAD
Mexican sweet corn salad, easy sweetcorn salad, sweetcorn salad with bell peppers and tomatoes, sweet corn salad with chilli garlic flavoured olive oil dressing, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 7
The very popular salad among kids and adults alike! We all have our own versions of making sweet corn salad. With butter, without butter, only lemon and chaat masala, with tomatoes and onions, we have Indianised it in many ways. I happened to try the Mexican version of making sweet corn salad, by adding bell peppers and it will only make you want to reach for another bowl after a bowl! Try this easy and super flavourful Mexican sweet corn salad with bell peppers.
Recipe for Mexican sweet corn salad
- Sweet corn (packet ones), boil in sufficient water and drain all the water – 1 ½ to 2 cups
- Chopped green bell peppers- ¼ cup
- Chopped red bell peppers- ¼ cup
- Onion (finely chopped )- ¼ cup
- Tomatoes (deseeded,finely chopped)- ¼ cup
- Green chillies- 1 finely chopped
- Finely chopped coriander- 1 small bunch
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
- Salt- to taste
- Black pepper- ½ teaspoon
- Oilive oil- 1 tablespoon ( I used chilly garlic flavoured olive oil)
- To serve lettuce leaves washed and soaked in ice cold water (optional)
- Add all the chopped vegetables including sweet corn in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables, toss well.
- Serve in lettuce leaves for an extra crunch !