Mango Semolina cake
Mango semolina cake, Mango cake recipe, how to make healthy mango cake.
Mango semolina cake, made with Suji/ rawa , reminds so much of ‘suji halwa’, yet a very refreshing taste and texture from a normal cake baked with all purpose flour ( maida). This is a simple Sanjeev kapoor’s yogurt semolina cake recipe , which I have modified to include mango yogurt.
The lovely semolina textured mango cake was served with a cute swirl of smooth mango flavoured yougurt / hung curd and the contrast of textures made it more delicious.
Recipe for Mango Semolina Cake :
- Semolina (suji/rawa)- 2 cups
- Yogurt/curd- 1/2 cup
- Chopped mango pieces- from two mangoes
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Eggs- 2
- Castor sugar- 3/4 cup
- Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and line a 7″ square tin or a 8″ round tin.
- In a mixer jar, blend the chopped mangoes with 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Take 1 cup of this mango flavoured for the cake and tie the remaining mango curd into a thin muslin cloth , leave it hanging in refrigerator to get a thick mango hung curd for topping the cake slices.
- In a bowl beat two whole eggs lightly, add oil and beat well either with a hand whisk or electric beater.
- To the same bowl add the mango curd, vanilla essence and beat till it forms a uniform mixture.
- Add castor sugar and mix till it dissolves.
- Roughly powder two cups of semolina in a mixer jar, and take it out in a bowl.
- To the same bowl add other dry ingredients – baking powder, baking soda, spice powder.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients and gradually mix in the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Bake for 30-35 at 180 ℃ until toothpick inserted at the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool. Slice and serve the cake with mango flavoured hung curd.