MANGO SALSA IN LETTUCE WRAPS
Mango salsa recipe, mango salsa in lettuce wraps, party appetisers, healthy salad recipe, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 21, Indian salad recipes,mango mania recipes
Mango Salsa- What a sweet, sour and spicy way to serve the king of fruits! Though I ususally don’t do off season fruits, this is one fruit which keeps making its way into my pantry long after the season ends, thanks to the super markets which stock it even in September. I made amrakhand using mango pulp in my previous post of 30 days salad series and was left with two more . This salsa was suggested by one my friends few days back (who by the way is an amazing cook herself) and when I slightly googled more about it, found a recipe at Cookie and Kate with almost all the ingredients I had at hand. This salsa brings out or rather compliments the flavours of all the ingredients so well, and the generous garnish of fresh coriander is like icing on the cake. Do try this salad as a dip for your chips and nachos, or as a party appetiser in lettuce wraps or just as a side dish, You can thank me later 😉 .
Recipe for Mango Salsa:
- Mangoes (diced into small cubes)- 1 cup 9roughly from 2 mangoes)
- Greenpepper ( diced finely)- 1/4 cup
- Red bell pepper (diced finely)- 1/4 cup (omit if not available)
- Onions (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Tomatoes (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Chopped coriander- 1 small bunch
- Green chillies- 1 to 2 finely chopped
- To serve – lettuce leaves, dipped in ice cold water
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- to taste
- Oregano- 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice- from 1/2 lemon
- Add all the chopped vegetables and fruits in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients of the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cut vegetables,toss well.
- Serve in lettuce wraps for an added crunch, or alongside some chips.