Mango ice cream – with 3 ingredients!!
Rounding off my event mango mania with this simple three ingredient mango ice cream. There coudn’t have been a better way to bid adieu to the king of fruits than this kids’ friendly, as simple as 1-2-3 recipe. I thoroughly enjoyed creating and experimenting dishes with this fruit, which I learnt can practically be a part of any course of the meal if handled properly. Had a share of my failures too, especially when I tried to mix mango pulp with hot milk for making mango milk syrup for ras malais, and ended up with curdled milk!! or getting this mango coconut cake right third time after two failed attempts of resultant gooey mass. It was a learning experience no doubt, and will definetely look forward to ‘date’ this delicious fruit once again next summer!
- Heavy whipping cream- 2 cups ( I used non diary one)
- Mango pulp- 2 cups ( from fresh mangoes, pureed and strained)
- condensed milk- 1 cup
- optionals- pistas/almonds/chocochips/tooty fruity
- Chill a big bowl for beating cream and the attachments used for beating, in deep freezer for 20 minutes. The whipping cream should also be chilled to get best results.
- Meanwhile, peel-chop-blend and strain 3 big mangoes to get roughly 2 cups of mango pulp.
- Keep aside 1/2 cup of finely chopped mangoes to mix into the cream.
- Take two cups of whipping cream in the chilled bowl, and with chilled beaters of hand mixer, at low speed start whipping the cream.
- Gradually increase the speed to medium, keep whipping till stiff peaks form in the cream.
- Add mango pulp and condensed milk, fold in using silicon spatula or a hand whisk, taking care to gently fold in the ingredients without deflating the volume of the whipped cream.
- Throw in some chopped mango pieces and some nuts or choco chips for an added crunch.
- Transfer the mango cream into a airtight container ( I used tupperware ones), flaten the surface using silicon spatula.
- Cut a aluminium foil of roughly of larger size than the lid, cover it over the airtight box and then place the lid over it. Take care to see the lid is seated properly.
- Freeze over night and serve chilled with some added sprinkles. Here I have used mango jelly to decorate the ice cream.