LAYERED MIXED VEGETABLE SALAD
Colourful multi layered salad, mixed vegetable raw salad, salad on the go, quick and easy salad recipes, Indian salad recipes, 30 days 30 salad recipes, day 25
A colourful salad on the go. The best way to use up any left over vegetables. Chopped vegetables can be assembled a night before and next day the salad can be eaten either as breakfast or brunch. A mini meal in itself, vary the combination according to preference. The dressing can also have many variations. I have used a hung curd dressing, you use a non-diary based or a simple dash of lemon juice and salt-pepper is enough to satiate those untimely hunger pangs. On day 25 of our 30 days 30 salad series, its a colourful layered vegetable salad on the go!
Ingredients for layered vegetable salad:
Finely chopped/grated all coloured vegetables, in equal quantitites. Here I have used:
- Yellow bell pepers
- Groundnuts/nuts of choice
- Hung curd- 3 tablespoons
- Salt- to taste
- Black pepper/red chilli flakes- 1/2 teaspoon
- Layer all the finely chopped / layered vegetables one by one in a glass bottle . (I used nutella’s empty glass bottle)
- Prepare the layers and place it in fridge for 1-2 hours.
Prepare the dressing by mixing all the seasonings ito the hung curd.
- Just before serving/ eating, top the dressin gover the vegetable layers. Top with some more nuts for the crunch.
- Tastes best when served cold.