Kosambri recipe, how to make Kosambri, Karnataka styled moong dal and cucucmber recipe, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 20, Indian salad recipes
Kosambri is a prototype of Karnataka styled salads. A raw salad, made of soaked moong (split green gram),cucumber, with or without carrots,a dash of lemon and a ‘must have’ liberal garnish of fresh coconut. Fresh, juicy and crunchy is what comes to your mind when you munch on it. This is a must made salad for festivals. The only pre planning it requires is soaking of moong daal, and the healthy salad comes together in no time.
Recipe for Kosambri
- Soaked moong daal (split green gram)- 1/2 cup ( soaked for around 1 to 2 hours)
- Cucumber (finely chopped)-1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
- Fresh coconut (grated)- 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Finely chopped coriander- for garnishing
- Refined oil- 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 10 to 15
- Add all the ingredients of the salad in a bowl, mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- Add it to the salad, mix well.