Jackfruit Honey Icecream
How to make Jackfruit-Honey Icecream, Jackfruit icecream recipe, Sugarfree Creamy Jackfruit icecream
I believe there are two kinds of people, jackfruit lovers and jackfruit haters and none in between 🙂 I fall in the former category and could gorge on whole of this gorgeous fruit all by myself ! Come summers and we are gifted some fresh farm produce of mangoes and jackfruits , some of the many joys of living in small cities and close to your village. This jackfruit icecream is the outcome of one such generous gestures by my sister in law’s parents, who never miss to share the world’s most flavourful jackfruits from their backyard garden with us.
The jackfruit icecream is almost sugar free ( as the whipping cream contains sugar), bursting with flavour of jackfruit, sweetened with honey and oh so creamy !
Simple recipe of Jackfruit icecream here:
- Jackfruit puree- roughly 2 cups ( from 2 cups of chopped fruit+ 1/2 cup of chopped fruit extra to be folded into the ice cream)
- Whipping cream- 1 cup ( i used tropolite)
- condensed milk- 1/4 cup
- honey- 3 to 4 tablespoons
- blanched / roasted almonds- 1/4 cup
- cinnamon/cardamon powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- In a chilled large bowl, with chilled beaters, start whipping the cream till it reaches soft peak stage.
- Add fruit puree, and continue beating till it reaches stiff peaks.
- Add honey, cardamon powder mix well. lastly fold in almonds.
- Depending on the sweetness of jackfruit you may have to vary the amount of honey.
- If using diary cream like amul, which is unsweetened, you may have to add some more honey.
To set the ice cream:
- Use a airtight container ( i used a tupperware one), pour the ice cream mixture.
- Take a cling film and cover the surface so that it is completely in contact with the icecream mixture. This reduces the formation of ice crystals in the ice cream.
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of honey and enjoy.