HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
Homemade pizza sauce recipe, easy pizza sauce recipe, how to make pizza/pasta sauce at home, homemade tomato puree
Home made pizza sauce coudn’t have been more easier, especially after making this homemade tomato puree. The vegetable puree I used in this recipe ( tomato , beet root and carrot) gave a nice colour and creamy consistency to the sauce. Add or remove any spices and seasonings as per your taste. With readymade vegetable puree at hand, making this sauce is a breeze.
A quick recipe for homemade Pizza /Pasta sauce
- Tomatoes- 4 medium sized
- Olive oil- 2 teaspoons
- Garlic- 5-6 cloves
- Onion- 1 large
- Green capsicum ( finely chopped)- 1/2 (optional)
- Tomato-beetroot puree – 2 tablespoons ( for homemade recipe, please click here)
- Carrot Puree (optional, but adds good colour and creaminess)- 2 tablespoons
- Salt- according to taste
- Sugar- 1 teaspoon
- Basil leaves- few or dried mixed herbs- 1 teaspoon / Dried oregano– 1 teaspoon
- Chilly flakes- 1 teaspoon (according to taste)
- Black pepper powder- according to taste
Preperation of Pizza sauce:
- Boil water in a vessel, add tomatoes (water level should almost cover the tomatoes). Allow them to boil for 7 to 8 minutes, switch off the flame. Take out the tomatoes. Once cooled , peel tomatoes. Make a purée. ( alternatively you can finely chop it )
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add finely chopped garlic.
- Add chopped onion, sauté till it just about turns light brown.
- Add chopped green capsicum, fry for few minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes, homemade tomato-beetroot puree (amount can vary depending on the colour you need), carrot puree, chopped basil, mixed spices.
- Lastly add salt, chilly flakes, black pepper according to taste, bring the sauce to boil and switch off the flame.
I served the sauce with this home made Tomato bread and a cup of hot tea,perfect way to cosy up in winters!