GREEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING
Green salad, Guacamole recipe, how to make green salad with avocado dressing, how to make avocado dip, 30 days 30 recipes, day 15
Avocados, the heart friendly and nutrient loaded vegetables are gaining more popularity, thanks to their versatile uses. Dips, salads, appetizers , even cakes and desserts. Fairly new to this vegetable, I stocked few of them to be put into good use for my 30 days 30 salads series. Guacamole, is a famous dip prepared with ripe avocados. I used Guacamole for dressing up my salad on day 15. This salad is also my entry for fornightly event of Healthy Wellthy Cuisines, which has a theme of green coloured foods this time.
For Green salad:
- Cucumbers- 1 cup ( diced into cubes)
- Zuccini – 1/2 cup (diced into cubes)
- Green capsicum-1/2 cup (cut into thin strips)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)- 5 to 6, roughly torn into 1 inch pieces.
- Mint/Coriander- Chopped, for garnishing
- Avocado- 1 ripe
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
- Salt – to taste
- Finely chopped onions- 2 tablespoon
- Red chili flakes/chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Mint (optional)- 10-15 fresh leaves
Remove the pulp of avocado, blend it along with other ingredients in a blender jar, use as dressing. You can also keep few pieces of avocado aside, if you want the dressing to be bit chunky.My avocado was not completely ripe, hence did not grind to a smooth paste.
- Add all the cleaned and diced vegetables into a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss the vegetables well.
- Adjust salt and other seasoning according to taste, garnish with coriander/mint.