GREEK SALAD WITH HUMMUS DRESSING
Greek salad recipe, Greek salad with hummus dressing, how to make hummus, easy hummus recipe, Healthy salad recipes, 30 days 30 salads recipes, day 10
Hummus an iconic middle eastern dip, which is not only healthy but takes very few ingredients to prepare. If you plan just a day ahead by soaking chickpeas, then you have a versatile dip for the next day, which can also be used to dress salads apart from its use in rolls and sandwiches. This dip can be flavoured in innumerable ways, just as I added roasted red peppers in this recipe. Into the 10th day of my 30 days 30 salads series, I dressed up a Greek salad with this healthy creamy dip, to get a gorgeous looking and fabulous tasting salad.
Recipe for greek salad with hummus dressing:
- Cucumber (peeled/unpeeled; diced)- 1/2 cup
- Green zuccini (if unavailable, replace with more cucumbers)- 1/4 cup
- cherry tomatoes- 4 to 5 (cut into half)
- Lettuce leaves ( tear roughly into 1 inch pieces, soak in ice cold water, drain and use)- 1/2 cup
- Bell peppers (I used red and green; thinly sliced)- 1/4 cup
- Onion (diced and layers seperated)- 1/2 cup
- Green and black olives-1/4 cup ( I didn’t use any)
- Hummus (for recipe of hummus, please click here)- 4 to 5 tablespoons, read note
- Extra virgin olive oil- 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
- Oregano- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
Note: In my recipe for hummus, if you want to make a plain non flavoured one, please omit roasted peppers.
- Add all the diced and sliced vegetables in a big bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing hummus with rest of the ingredients .
- Add the dressing to the vegetables, toss well.
- Serve cold.