FENUGREEK / METHI LEAVES CHUTNEY
Fenugreek / methi as it commonly called, is mostly a winter green leafy vegetable. Its earthy aroma and the slightly bitter taste lends this chutney an amazing flavour. A must try if you are a methi fan like me.
- oil- 1 table spoon
- green chillies- 1-2 (depending on taste preference)
- urad dal ( black gram/lentil)- 1 tablespoon
- fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves- 1 cup (roughly chopped)
- tamarind- a small half inch ball
- salt- to taste
- white sesame/ til seeds (dry roasted)- 1 to 1.5 tablespoons
- water- to adjust consistency
- lemon juice(optional)- 1/2 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chillies, urad dal and fry well.
- Add methi leaves and fry till they are cooked well. Keep adding little water if it starts getting burnt.
- Add tamarind, salt and cover the pan with lid for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame, Once the contents cool down transfer into a mixer jar and blend into a coarse paste adding little water to adjust the consistency.
- Lemon juice can be added if the bitterness of methi is over powering.
- Serve with hot rice or parathas.