CORRIANDER / DHANIYA CHUTNEY
A bunch of home grown fresh coriander converted into a tantalisisng hot and sour chutney, goes perfectly well with hot steaming Idlis.
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Onions (finely sliced)- 2 small sized
- Green chilly- 2-3 ( as per taste)
- Dry red chilly – 1-2 ( as per taste)
- Fresh Coriander- one medium sized bunch
- Fresh Coconut (grated) – ½ cup
- *Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Salt- as per taste
- Tamarind- 1 tablespoon
- In a pan, heat oil and fry finely sliced onions till they are light brown.
- Add green chillies, red chilly and fry.
- Stir in roughly chopped coriander leaves and salt .
- Add tamarind and close the lid for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame, allow the ingredients to cool and then transfer them into a small mixer jar.
- Adding little water at a time grind them into a coarse paste.