simple coconut chutney recipe, chutneys for dosa and idli, ragi dosa recipe, easy chutney recipes, no cook chutney recipe
A simple coconut chutney, which can be whipped in a jiffy, with some very basic ingredients.It pairs well with dosas and idlis.
Here’s a simple recipe for coconut chutney:
- Coconut(finely sliced )1/2 cup
- Green chillies- 1 to 2
- Roasted groundnuts/ roasted bengal gram- 2 tablespoons
- Salt- to taste
- Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic pods- 1 to 2
- Coriander- 2 to 3 stalks
- Tamarind- 1 inch piece
- Oil- 1 to 2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 8 to 10
- Dry red chilly- 1
- Add all the ingredients to a blender jar.blend to form a coarse paste by adding little water at a time.
- Heat oil in a small wok, add mustard seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves, dry red chilly and switch off the gas.
- Pour the oil over the chutney before serving.
- I served it with ragi and oats dosa.