chocolate chip cookies and hubby’s birthday cake
What does one do when there is an unopened pack of FRESH yeast lying in the freezer and no time to bake? And a week full of hectic activities? And two birthday cakes to be baked for hubby’s birthday? And you had planned to blog about that too ? Just feel helpless and
sulk blog about it! That’s precisely what happened with me last week. How much I wanted to photograph and blog about the yummy chocolate cake, I just had to keep it as a post for some other time.But here,I bring a picture of my first iced cake for a special occasion.
Not one of the most professional looking cakes, but for someone who was just content with baking non iced sponges, interrupted by regular failures, this is a BIG deal. The journey so far has been incredible,though still long way to go. Create your own little masterpieces for your loved ones and I guarantee you will soon forget the store brought ones!!
And coming to today’s recipe, with those above sequence of events, this post had to be simple. I scampered through my favourite website tarla dalal.com and picked this very basic chocolate chip cookies. Crispier than the butterscotch cookies, they are equally simpler to make.And regarding the yeast, its still waiting…
• Plain flour- ½ cup
• Baking soda- ¼ teaspoon
• Baking powder- ½ teaspoon
• Butter- 2 ½ teaspoon ( I used desi ghee/ Indian clarified butter)
• Sugar- 3 tablespoon
• Milk- 1 tablespoon
• Chocolate chips- 1/4 cup
• Vanilla essence- ¼ teaspoon
• Preheat oven to 180⁰ C.
• Beat butter and sugar well until well incorporated. Add in vanilla essence, mix well.
• In another bowl sift plain flour, baking powder, baking soda.
• Add this dry mixture to butter sugar mixture, mix well, adding milk little by little according to requirement.
• Fold in chocolate chips.
• Grease your hands well, make 10-12 small roundels and flatten it between palms.
• Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180⁰ C, till the surface turns light brown.
• Cool them on a cooling rack and store in an airtight box.
Grab a quick bite!!