BROCCOLI ALMOND SALAD WITH CASHEW CREAM DRESSING
Broccoli almond salad, Vegan salad dressings,broccoli almond salad with cashew cream dressing, easy and healthy salad recipes, 30 days 30 salad recipes, day 26
On day 26 of our 30 days 30 salad series, is an all vegan creamy dreamy dressing made of cashew paste. The salad ingredients are inspired from the classic broccoli almond soup.This dressing paired up well with blanched broccoli and overnight soaked almonds. Get hold of the freshest Broccoli ( mine had started turning yellow) and make sure your almonds are the sweetest, and you have a winner at your table. This versatile dressing can be used in place of mayo, a good vegan option.Try this easy vegan salad, recipe here:
Ingredients for salad:
- Broccoli (small sized florets)- 1 cup
- Almonds (soaked overnight,peeled)- 1/4 cup
- Cashews- 1/2 cup
- Back pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice- from 1 big lemon
- Red chilli flakes-for garnishing.
- Boil cashews in sufficient water for few minutes.
- Drain the water and grind cashews with all other ingredients of the dressing.
- Add water little by little, and grind till it forms a smooth creamy paste.
- Transfer it to a small container, sprinkle some red chilli flakes. This vegan dressing can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise.
- Boil the broccoli florets in salt water for 2 minutes. Once they are fork tender, transfer them immediately to ice cold water. This helps retain their colour and also prevents them from over cooking. Drain out all the water from broccoli and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add over night soaked and peeled almonds to the bowl.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of dressing to the salad.
- Adjust salt and seasoning.
- Serve chilled.