AVOCADO AND SWEET LIME SALSA
Avocado salsa, guacamol recipe, avocado and sweetlime salsa, 30 days 30 salad recipes, easy and healthy Indian salads, day 28
Avocado salsa, is a different and delicious way of making a dip/appetiser. On day 28 of 30 days 30 salads series, I made avocado salsa, a less tangier but equally delicious variation of this tomato and plum salsa and mango salsa. I have added few wedges of sweet lime (mausambi),which adds citrusy sweetness to the salad. A part of my avocado was extremely ripe, so I carefully removed it and used to make this Guacamol. I had earlier used guacamol as a dressing for green salad. Check out the recipe for green salad here. A simple salad/dip/appetiser, this avocado salad is a super healthy mini meal in itself.
So , here’s a simple recipe for Avocado and Sweetlime salsa.
- Avocado- 1 small sized, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Sweet lime (mausambi)/orange- 1 cup,wedges cut into even peices
- Red bell pepper- 1/2 no. , chopped evenly
- Green bell pepper- 1/2 no.chopped evenly
- Onion- 1 small, chopped finely
- coriander- 1 small bunch, chopped finely
- Garlic- 2 teaspoons, finely chopped
- Lemon Juice- from 1 big lemon
- Salt- to taste
- Chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
- Add all the chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Prepare dressing in a seperate bowl by mixing salt, chilli flakes, garlic into the leom juice.
- Pour the juice over the veegtables, toss and mix well.
- Serve as a salad, appetizer or as dip .
Recipe for Guacamol:
- Avocado- 1 ripe
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
- Salt – to taste
- Finely chopped onions- 2 tablespoon
- Red chili flakes/chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Remove the pulp of avocado, blend it along with other ingredients in a blender jar, use as dressing. You can also keep few pieces of avocado aside, if you want the dressing to be bit chunky.